MY FIRST WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE
MY FIRST WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
July 7–10, 2026 π️
A New Beginning Filled with Learning and Experiences ππ±
The first week of my teaching practice at GSSS yeroor was a memorable and enriching experience that marked the beginning of a new chapter in my journey as a prospective teacher. I began my teaching practice on July 7, 2026, with a mixture of excitement, nervousness, and curiosity. I reached the school at 9:00 a.m., signed the attendance register, and proceeded to the allotted classrooms, Classes 9C and 9D. After the morning prayer, I familiarised myself with the school environment, its daily routine, and the responsibilities of a teacher. Although I felt nervous and anxious on the first day, the experience gradually helped me feel more comfortable. I was assigned substitution periods, which gave me an opportunity to interact with students and understand the classroom atmosphere without the initial pressure of taking my regular lessons. ππ€
From the second day onwards, I began taking my regular classes in Classes 9C and 9D. Each day brought new experiences and opportunities to improve my teaching skills. I gradually became familiar with the students, their learning behaviours, and the classroom environment. Managing the students, maintaining discipline, and engaging them in learning activities helped me understand the practical challenges and responsibilities of teaching. Along with my regular classes, I was also assigned several substitution periods, which provided me with additional opportunities to interact with students from different classrooms and gain confidence in handling different situations. π©π«π‘
One of the most enjoyable aspects of the week was the welcoming and supportive atmosphere of the school. My colleague and I travelled from Manjappara College to GSSS Eroor for our teaching practice, and we were fortunate to experience a friendly and cooperative environment. The other teacher trainees were also supportive, and our interactions with them made the experience more comfortable and enjoyable. We shared our experiences, helped one another, and learned from the different situations we encountered throughout the day. π₯π¬
Apart from classroom teaching, I also participated in school activities and responsibilities. One of the most memorable experiences was assisting in the distribution of the midday meal to the students. We helped serve food and ensured that the students received their meals in an orderly manner. This experience helped me realise that a teacher's responsibilities extend beyond teaching lessons and evaluating students. Participating in such activities gave me a better understanding of the importance of teamwork, care, and commitment in maintaining a positive school environment. The school day usually concluded at 3:45 p.m., and each day left me with new experiences and valuable lessons. π²⏳
Overall, my first week of teaching practice at GSSS Eroor was a wonderful learning experience. What initially seemed unfamiliar gradually became comfortable and enjoyable. The nervousness I felt on the first day slowly gave way to confidence as I interacted with students, handled classes, and participated in school activities. This week taught me the importance of patience, adaptability, cooperation, and responsibility in the teaching profession. It also helped me understand that teaching is not merely about delivering lessons but also about building relationships, supporting students, and contributing to the overall development of the school. I look forward to the coming weeks with greater confidence, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and grow as a teache
r. ππ


Comments
Post a Comment