MY FIFTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
MY FIFTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
August 3–7, 2026 π️
A Week of Confidence, Innovation, and Student Progress π‘π±
The fifth week of my teaching practice at GSSS yeroor was a productive and rewarding experience that helped me strengthen my teaching skills and gain greater confidence in handling classrooms independently. As usual, I reached the school at around 9:15 a.m. and attended the morning prayer before proceeding with the day's activities. Throughout the week, I engaged in regular teaching sessions in Classes 9C and 9D and also handled classes in the lower and higher sections. These experiences gave me more opportunities to interact with students of different age groups and understand their individual learning needs. ππ€
As the week progressed, I became more comfortable managing classrooms independently and planning lessons according to students' interests and abilities. I made efforts to incorporate activity-based learning into my teaching, encouraging students to participate actively rather than simply listen to explanations. These activities helped create a more engaging classroom atmosphere and allowed me to understand the importance of learner participation in the teaching-learning process. I also utilised my free periods to prepare lesson plans and organise teaching materials, which helped me improve my planning skills and manage my responsibilities more effectively. π✏️
Another important aspect of the week was the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in classroom teaching. I made use of my laptop to prepare and organise digital teaching materials, helping me present lesson content in a more interesting and structured manner. This experience helped me recognise how digital resources can support classroom instruction and make learning more engaging when used appropriately. I also realised that effective teaching requires a balance between technology, classroom interaction, and activities that encourage students to think and participate independently. π»π
August 6 was particularly significant because I conducted remedial classes for students who needed additional support in their learning. These sessions provided an opportunity to revisit difficult concepts, clarify doubts, and encourage students to participate more confidently. I observed that the remedial activities helped improve students' interest and involvement in the learning process. I also utilised the available time to conduct a retest to assess their vocabulary knowledge and understand their progress. This experience helped me realise the importance of continuous assessment in identifying learning difficulties and planning suitable remedial measures. It also taught me that students can make progress when teachers provide appropriate guidance, encouragement, and opportunities for practice. ππ
Throughout the week, I continued supporting students who needed help with learning English and Malayalam letters. The students showed interest in the learning activities and gradually demonstrated improvement in recognising and writing letters. Observing their progress was a satisfying experience that reminded me of the importance of patience and individual attention in teaching. It also strengthened my understanding that every student learns at a different pace and that a teacher must create a supportive environment where learners feel comfortable asking questions and practising their skills. ✍️❤️
Overall, my fifth week of teaching practice was an important stage in my professional development. Handling classes independently, incorporating activity-based learning, using ICT resources, conducting remedial sessions, and assessing students' vocabulary helped me improve my confidence and teaching abilities. The progress shown by the students was particularly encouraging and motivated me to continue exploring effective teaching strategies. This week taught me that successful teaching involves careful planning, creativity, continuous assessment, and a genuine commitment to students' learning. I look forward to applying these experiences in the coming weeks and becoming a more effective, reflective, and student-centred teach
er. ππ


Comments
Post a Comment