MY FOURTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
MY FOURTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
July 27–31, 2026 π️
A Week of Observation, Reflection, and Professional Growth ππ±
The fourth week of my teaching practice at GSSS yeroor was one of the most significant and memorable weeks in my teaching journey. It provided me with valuable opportunities to improve my teaching skills, reflect on my classroom practices, and understand the importance of continuous professional development. As I entered this week, I felt more confident in handling classes and interacting with students. However, the experiences I gained throughout the week helped me recognise that becoming an effective teacher requires constant learning, patience, and a willingness to improve. π‘π
On July 27, I continued my regular teaching sessions in Classes 9C and 9D. In addition to our usual classes, the Headmaster instructed us to take classes in the lower sections during the fifth and sixth periods. We gladly accepted this opportunity and interacted with the younger students. Teaching learners from different age groups helped me understand the need to modify teaching strategies according to their levels of understanding and learning abilities. It was a rewarding experience that encouraged me to become more flexible and confident in handling different classroom situations. ππ€
The following day, the regular teaching activities continued, and I had another opportunity to strengthen my teaching skills through classroom interaction. Each class helped me understand my students better and identify ways to make lessons more interesting and meaningful. Gradually, I began to realise that effective teaching involves more than explaining textbook content; it also requires creating opportunities for students to participate, express their ideas, and learn actively. π£️✍️
July 29 was particularly important to me because my optional teacher visited the school to observe my teaching. I conducted my twelfth lesson plan in Class 9C during the second period, teaching the lesson The Toilet. Although I felt the responsibility of being observed, the experience became an important milestone in my professional development. After the class, my teacher provided valuable feedback, emphasising the need for greater student interaction, effective presentation of vocabulary, and proper time management. Her suggestions helped me identify areas where I could improve my teaching. I realised that a positive classroom atmosphere, meaningful interaction, appropriate use of digital tools, and effective management of classroom time are essential for successful teaching. Rather than viewing the feedback as criticism, I considered it an opportunity to learn and improve. I made a conscious effort to apply these suggestions in my subsequent classes. π©π«π
During the remaining days of the week, I continued teaching and conducted several tests to assess students' understanding and identify their learning gaps. These assessments helped me recognise the importance of evaluating students' progress and providing additional support whenever necessary. I understood that assessment should not be limited to awarding marks but should also help teachers identify students' difficulties and plan suitable remedial activities. This experience encouraged me to pay greater attention to individual differences and the learning needs of students. ππ
Another meaningful experience during the week was helping students from the higher classes, particularly Class 10 students from the Malayalam-medium section, during our free periods. We supported them in learning to write Malayalam letters and assisted them with English letters as needed. This opportunity was especially rewarding because it allowed me to contribute to the learning of students who needed additional support. It reminded me that every learner progresses at a different pace and that a teacher must be patient, encouraging, and understanding. Helping these students gave me a sense of satisfaction and strengthened my belief that teaching is not merely a profession but also a service that can make a meaningful difference in students' lives. ✍️❤️
Overall, the fourth week of my teaching practice was a turning point in my professional journey. The classroom observation by my optional teacher helped me recognise my strengths and areas for improvement, while teaching lower classes and supporting students who needed additional help broadened my understanding of a teacher's responsibilities. Conducting assessments also helped me appreciate the importance of identifying learning difficulties and planning appropriate support. Most importantly, this week taught me to accept feedback positively, reflect on my teaching practices, and continuously work towards improvement. I realised that an effective teacher is not someone who knows everything but someone who remains willing to learn, adapt, and grow. The experiences of this week have motivated me to become a more confident, reflective, and student-centred teac
her. ππ


Comments
Post a Comment