MY EIGHTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE 🏫✨

 MY EIGHTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE 🏫✨

August 31 – September 5, 2026 πŸ—“️

A Week of Innovative Teaching and Continuous Learning πŸ’‘πŸŒ±

The eighth week of my teaching practice at GSSS Yeroor began on August 31, 2026, after the Onam holidays. Returning to school brought new opportunities to improve my teaching skills, experiment with different teaching models, and engage students in meaningful learning experiences. This week, I focused on teaching grammar topics such as articles and adverbs by implementing different instructional models and using suitable teaching-learning materials. Each classroom experience helped me gain confidence and understand the importance of planning lessons according to the needs of learners. πŸ“šπŸŽ’

On the first day, I implemented the Advance Organizer Model to teach the topic of articles. I prepared different types of charts to make the concepts clearer and more interesting for students. These visual aids helped learners understand the topic more easily and participate actively in the classroom activities. Using charts also helped me present the content in an organised manner and connect students' previous knowledge with the new concepts. The positive response from the learners encouraged me to explore more creative ways of teaching grammar. πŸ“Š✏️

On the following day, I implemented two lesson plans, which provided me with further opportunities to practise and improve my teaching skills. Conducting multiple lessons helped me develop better classroom management, organise the content effectively, and interact more confidently with the learners. I also understood that effective teaching requires careful preparation, clear explanations, and the ability to maintain students' attention throughout the lesson. Each lesson gave me valuable experience and helped me identify areas where I could improve. πŸ“πŸ‘©‍🏫

During the next few days, I focused on teaching adverbs through the Concept Attainment Model. This model encouraged learners to observe examples, identify patterns, compare different sentences, and arrive at the concept through their own reasoning. I found this approach useful because it promoted active participation and allowed students to develop a better understanding of the topic instead of simply memorising definitions. Implementing different teaching models also helped me realise that the choice of a teaching strategy plays an important role in making learning effective and learner-centred. πŸ”πŸ§ 

September 4, 2026, was a holiday on account of Sri Krishna Jayanti. As the regular Friday classes could not be conducted, the timetable was followed on the next day, Saturday, September 5, 2026. Although it was a Saturday, the school followed Friday's timetable, allowing the scheduled academic activities to continue. πŸͺ”πŸ“…

On September 5, I handled the first period, during which I discussed various activities related to poems and interacted with the learners. The activities provided opportunities for students to express their ideas, share their responses, and participate in classroom discussions. I enjoyed engaging with the learners and encouraging them to appreciate poetry through interactive activities. Later, my concern teacher took the class to distribute the examination papers. This gave me another opportunity to observe the different responsibilities undertaken by teachers in the school. πŸ“–✍️

Overall, the eighth week was a productive and enriching phase of my teaching practice. Implementing the Advance Organizer Model and the Concept Attainment Model helped me explore different approaches to teaching grammar. Preparing charts, conducting multiple lesson plans, and engaging learners through poetry-related activities strengthened my confidence and improved my classroom interaction. This week taught me that an effective teacher should be flexible, creative, and willing to try different methods to meet the learning needs of students. Every lesson became an opportunity to learn, reflect, and grow as a prospective English teacher. πŸŒŸπŸŽ“

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capacity building program 3

Workshop on SUPW

Capacity Building Programme 2 FOOD FEST