MY NINTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
MY NINTH WEEK OF TEACHING PRACTICE π«✨
September 7–11, 2026 π️
A Memorable Conclusion to My Teaching Practice ππ±
The ninth week of my teaching practice at GSSS yeroor was a memorable and meaningful one, as it marked the final week of my 40-day teaching practice. Looking back on this journey, I realised how much I had learned and improved as a prospective English teacher. From preparing lesson plans and managing classrooms to implementing different teaching models and participating in school-based activities, every experience contributed to my professional growth. The support and encouragement I received from the teachers, students, and fellow B.Ed. trainees made this journey even more special. ππ€
On September 7, 2026, I continued my regular teaching activities and introduced new lessons using the Direct Instruction Model. I focused on presenting the content clearly, explaining concepts step by step, and involving students in the learning process. These classroom experiences helped me understand the importance of creating a positive learning environment, maintaining effective classroom interaction, and using digital tools appropriately. I realised that successful teaching involves more than simply explaining a topic; it also requires understanding learners, encouraging their participation, and making lessons meaningful and interesting. π©π«π
During the following days, I continued completing my major lesson plans and experimented with different teaching models to explain concepts effectively. I also incorporated ICT into my lessons to make learning more engaging and visually appealing. Using different models and teaching-learning materials helped me understand that each topic may require a suitable teaching strategy. These experiences improved my confidence, classroom management, and ability to adapt my teaching methods according to the needs of learners. π»π
One of the highlights of the week was presenting my innovative teaching aid on verbs and their different types in the form of a burger. I designed the teaching aid creatively to make grammar learning more attractive and understandable. The burger-shaped presentation captured the students' attention and encouraged them to participate actively. Their enthusiastic responses made the activity enjoyable and successful. It was a satisfying experience to see how a simple, creative idea could transform a grammar lesson into an interactive learning experience. ππ‘
Another important highlight of the week was conducting our conscientization program for Class 8E, titled “Cybersecurity: Think Before You Click.” The program aimed to create awareness among students about cybercrime and the safe use of social media. We discussed different forms of cybercrime and highlighted the precautions students should take while using online platforms. We also emphasised the importance of protecting personal information, avoiding suspicious links, using social media responsibly, and thinking carefully before sharing anything online. The session encouraged students to become more aware of their digital responsibilities. It was a valuable opportunity to help learners understand that online safety is an essential part of responsible digital citizenship. π‘️π±
On September 10, 2026, during the fifth period, we conducted our school-based activity—a Paper Art Workshop for Class 8B. The workshop encouraged students to explore their creativity through simple paper-craft techniques. They carefully made paper flowers, symmetrical butterflies, decorative motifs, and other designs using the papers available to them. The students participated enthusiastically and showed creativity and patience while preparing their artwork. The activity helped develop their artistic skills, concentration, imagination, and fine motor coordination. It was delightful to observe how ordinary paper could be transformed into beautiful decorative creations through creativity and effort. ✂️π¦
On the same day, preparations for the school's Shastra Mela were also in progress. As the teachers were occupied with the arrangements, I handled the classes and continued with my planned lessons, ensuring that the portions were completed. This experience taught me the importance of flexibility and responsibility in the teaching profession. I understood that teachers must be prepared to manage different situations while maintaining the continuity of students' learning. π✍️
September 11, 2026, was particularly special because I was assigned duties for the Shastra Mela. I actively participated in the programme and helped conduct the event. The school atmosphere was filled with enthusiasm, creativity, and excitement as students and teachers came together to make the event successful. Being part of the programme gave me an opportunity to experience school activities beyond classroom teaching. It also helped me understand the importance of teamwork, coordination, and active participation in organising educational events. π¬π
As I reached the end of my 40-day teaching practice, I felt a deep sense of happiness, gratitude, and accomplishment. Successfully completing 40 days of teaching practice and all 40 lesson plans was an important milestone in my B.Ed. journey. I am truly glad to have been a part of GSSS Eroor. The students were cooperative and enthusiastic, while the teachers and my fellow B.Ed. trainees were supportive, helpful, and welcoming throughout the practice period. Their encouragement made it easier for me to face classroom challenges, learn from my mistakes, and improve my teaching abilities. π―π
Overall, the ninth week was not just the conclusion of my teaching practice but also the beginning of a new phase in my journey towards becoming a teacher. The classroom lessons, innovative teaching aids, school-based activity (Paper Art Workshop), conscientization program (“Cybersecurity: Think Before You Click”), and participation in the Shastra Mela provided me with a wide range of valuable experiences. These 40 days taught me important lessons about patience, preparation, creativity, classroom management, teamwork, and professional responsibility. I leave GSSS Eroor with beautiful memories, meaningful experiences, and a deeper understanding of the teaching profession. My teaching practice at this wonderful school will always remain a cherished and valuable part of my professional journey. ππ
![]() |











Comments
Post a Comment